Пон Дек 05, 2011 1:14 pm by minamai

» Two-headed baby dead
Пон Дек 05, 2011 1:13 pm by minamai

Gallery

Gilmour aims for sixth title

Предишната тема Следващата тема Go down

Gilmour aims for sixth title

Писане  slavinzing56 on Пет Юли 22, 2011 11:02 am

Huddersfield Giants will be hoping the success of Lee Gilmour will rub off on them as they look to win the 2011 Challenge Cup.

The Giants were beaten finalists in 2006 and 2009, whereas the evergreen Gilmour has five winners' medals from his time at Bradford and St Helens

Gilmour, though, has his eyes on a sixth as he prepares for the quarter-final trip to Castleford on Sunday.

"I've been really fortunate," said the 33-year-old. "The Grand Final has been the sad one for me. The Challenge Cup has been a lot more favourable.

"In the last few years Huddersfield have been the bridesmaid - they've got to the final and just fallen short - and a lot of these players have been part of that. Everybody wants to take that next step.

"It would be nice if I could make it number six but that's a couple of games away, we've got to concentrate on Castleford first."
Scratchy

Huddersfield were considered firm favourites to reach the last four when the draw was initially made but Sunday's tie looks too close to call after a recent slump.

Their 36-0 hammering by Bradford on Sunday was their fourth successive away defeat and Gilmour is banking on the cup to get their season back on track.

"Our recent form has been a little bit scratchy but the Challenge Cup brings the best out in you and I'm sure we'll have a big performance this weekend," he said.

"At Bradford we lacked a bit of intensity. We just need to turn up with a good attitude."

Huddersfield's cause has not been helped by the loss of captain Kevin Brown, as well as forwards Luke O'Donnell and David Fa'alogo, to injury but that has not affected Gilmour's confidence.

"We've got one of the biggest squads in the competition so we've no excuses," he said.

Reinigungsfirma München
recruitment agency in pretoria

slavinzing56

Брой мнения : 43

Вижте профила на потребителя

Върнете се в началото Go down

Предишната тема Следващата тема Върнете се в началото

Permissions in this forum:
Не Можете да отговаряте на темите